Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript must be original, has not been published or submitted for other publications. Manuscripts typically have a word count ranging from 6,000 to 8,000 words, excluding the abstract, references, figures, and tables.
- The abstract should not exceed 200 words, and the number of tables and figures should not be more than 9. The manuscript is submitted in 12-point font book antiqua and double space.
- Any English spelling is acceptable, as long as it is used consistently. While any reference style is acceptable, the APA style is preferred. The use of endnotes, rather than footnotes, is suggested.
- The manuscript may be submitted in Word format with figures and tables saved separately from the text. To ensure anonymity, the author’s names and affiliations should not appear in the submitted manuscript.
- The anonymous manuscript must be submitted along with a separate Title Page, which includes the title of the paper; names of authors and their affiliations as well as their e-mail addresses; a preferred running head of at most 65 characters; word count of the manuscript (not including references, tables, and figures); the number of tables; the number of figures; and acknowledgment to those who have been assisting in the process of writing and funding.
ArticlesSection default policy
Authors who publish with International Journal of Population Issues agree to the following terms:
- For all articles published in International Journal of Population Issues, copyright is retained by the authors. Authors give permission to the publisher to announce the work with conditions. When the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agrees to implement a non-exclusive transfer of publishing rights to the journals.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.